Ironzies exhaust project

Ironzie

Re: Ironzies exhaust project

Post by Ironzie » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:10 pm

HuskyNinetyThree wrote:Ironzie, it really looks the part. Wish I had those skills. Do you got any cons on fitting the akrapovic on the standard system with cat? Might it sound better?
Hey thanks mate ,be careful what you wish for im handy with the steel but seriously lacking in other areas :roll:

what i found switching back and forth from standard system to my headers and akra can while testing the power curve was the akra can was deeper and more pleasant as the standard can sounds slightly empty/echo'ish a bit like it needs repacked but it can't be packed as its a mechanical baffle ,thing is i don't like a overly noisy exhaust i much prefe rquieter deep tone and i am running the noise reducing cork in my akra as it was far too loud without it for my taste ,the downside is there is a bit of work getting an akra silencer to fit the std headers

HuskyNinetyThree

Re: Ironzies exhaust project

Post by HuskyNinetyThree » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:19 pm

Ironzie wrote:
HuskyNinetyThree wrote:Ironzie, it really looks the part. Wish I had those skills. Do you got any cons on fitting the akrapovic on the standard system with cat? Might it sound better?
Hey thanks mate ,be careful what you wish for im handy with the steel but seriously lacking in other areas :roll:

what i found switching back and forth from standard system to my headers and akra can while testing the power curve was the akra can was deeper and more pleasant as the standard can sounds slightly empty/echo'ish a bit like it needs repacked but it can't be packed as its a mechanical baffle ,thing is i don't like a overly noisy exhaust i much prefe rquieter deep tone and i am running the noise reducing cork in my akra as it was far too loud without it for my taste ,the downside is there is a bit of work getting an akra silencer to fit the std headers

Well well, nobody is perfect ;). That was quite the answer I was looking for! Besides that, are you using the same Akra when changing the headers? And could imagine that when you do fit the Akra to the standard headers, the exhaustholder has to be customized, am I right? Annddd.. do you have to place it more to the outside of the bike because of the rear swingarm? I am seriously looking at replacing that standard one, it's just too big compared to other components on the bike. Anyway you want to get rid of the second Akra you have :roll: ?