ABS

SharkFinn

ABS

Post by SharkFinn » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:53 pm

Ok this may sound really bad but I will explain...I am buying a Nuda so I called a dealer as they had an advert out..he said "we dont normally deal in bikes and concentrate on cars but this guy traded it in and we thought it would sell"....so I asked ok great I see its the 900r from the photo ..does it have ABS? he said I don't know...I asked if he could see sensors on the wheels and he said "Only on the back wheel" so I dont think it has...whats the easiest tell tale sign? maybe a dash light comes on at start that's says "ABS"...let me know

Juvkam

Re: ABS

Post by Juvkam » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:12 pm

The one in the rear is the bikes speedometer sensor, so no it has no ABS, i guess this is a 2012, if the title say 2013 it may just have stayed in the shop or storage over winter

Juvkam
Juvkam
2013 Nuda 900R

SharkFinn

Post by SharkFinn » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:45 pm

Yeah that's possible... they have odd ways to register a year model here....oh well that was close. Thank you.

Mangala

Post by Mangala » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:57 pm

ABS button is located in left hand side red button same as right side engine killer button.

clik

Post by clik » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:01 pm

why bother whether it has abs or not if it is a good deal and a good bike
Get your bum on that seat hold on and :lol:

durobra

Post by durobra » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:55 pm

I agree with clik, and why is this under "How To" section?

I get it!.................

........................................How to talk yourself out of buying that Nuda! :lol:

SharkFinn

Post by SharkFinn » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:07 pm

Thanks Thanks and Thanks I think...I posted here so my bad....yeah I was thinking that ABS was a big deal for me but is it really? its because its been a few years that I haven't had a bike thats why I am a tad hesitant....but if the brakes are good and it wont make a diff really not on a Bike then it doesnt matter but I thought if it does as it seems all the rage ha ha ha thanks again guys appreciate the help and support and also for being crapped on for posting int he wrong place Lol!

I am getting one...hell or high water!

durobra

Post by durobra » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:26 pm

SharkFinn wrote:Thanks Thanks and Thanks I think...I posted here so my bad....yeah I was thinking that ABS was a big deal for me but is it really? its because its been a few years that I haven't had a bike thats why I am a tad hesitant....but if the brakes are good and it wont make a diff really not on a Bike then it doesnt matter but I thought if it does as it seems all the rage ha ha ha thanks again guys appreciate the help and support and also for being crapped on for posting int he wrong place Lol!

I am getting one...hell or high water!

Yeah!

Post in the wrong place again and we'll send the Boys around-OK! :D

I've never had ABS on a bike so I don't miss it, so it wasn't a deal breaker for me. I reckon if you're ever relying on that to save you you were probably pushing too hard in the first place :o

SharkFinn

Post by SharkFinn » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:13 pm

I've never had ABS on a bike so I don't miss it, so it wasn't a deal breaker for me. I reckon if you're ever relying on that to save you you were probably pushing too hard in the first place :o[/quote]

Agree with you 100%!!

Tell me when the boys are coming and I will be sure to be out!

brom

Post by brom » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:56 am

then who will make the tea :lol: