Arrow Racing Collectors

nudandy

Re: Arrow Racing Collectors

Post by nudandy » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:35 am

Sweet, job for tomorrow.

nudandy

Post by nudandy » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:27 am

nudandy wrote: Were there any on the stock headers when you removed them?
Waynus wrote: Nope, no gaskets.
I checked the parts breakdown for the headers in the workshop manual and it shows manifold gaskets. Perhaps these didn't come out when you removed the stock headers?

The Gaskets Part number is 8537198

For reference: the header nuts Part number is 7676551

Waynus

Post by Waynus » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:51 am

Really?
I expected to find some, so I looked for the gaskets and didn't found them.
Good thing you did extra research.
it's indeed possible they didn't come out.
Anyway, didn't bother to replace them this time.
I hereby swear to almighty Goddess Nuda that I will ride her as hard as I can and have all things needed to keep her running in peak form taking me to new heights everyday. Amen.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:45 am

Me neither on mine....

nudandy

Post by nudandy » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:48 am

I fit the rear arrow muffler and ditched the db killer. It's now loud and a different bike. Can't get the smile off my face. :D

HeikkiL

Post by HeikkiL » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:55 am

Did you guys bolt the center support straight to bike without any anti-vibrating rubbers etc.? In my mind should be ok because both downpipes and also slip-on are "loose" with springs so not that much vibrations.

Took off the original pipework yesterday and no big issues; loosened radiator a bit and getting those exhaust nuts was piece of cake. Took off completely the exhaust valve engine + wires, next thing is to locate the O2 sensor's connector (PC V also to be installed)...

nudandy

Post by nudandy » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:03 am

I'm sent my collectors back due to a defect. Waiting on the outcome.

Waynus

Post by Waynus » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:42 am

HeikkiL wrote:next thing is to locate the O2 sensor's connector (PC V also to be installed)...
This one is nearly invisible and can only be reached after you made some space by turning th erear subframe backwards.
It's fixed by a clip on a horizontal surface. Left had side of the bike, underneath the gas tank.
Make sure you find the correct one, as there are multiple connectors in that area.
I hereby swear to almighty Goddess Nuda that I will ride her as hard as I can and have all things needed to keep her running in peak form taking me to new heights everyday. Amen.

HeikkiL

Post by HeikkiL » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:43 am

Waynus wrote:
HeikkiL wrote:next thing is to locate the O2 sensor's connector (PC V also to be installed)...
This one is nearly invisible and can only be reached after you made some space by turning th erear subframe backwards.
It's fixed by a clip on a horizontal surface. Left had side of the bike, underneath the gas tank.
Make sure you find the correct one, as there are multiple connectors in that area.
Yeah, workshop manual told to take off the fuel tank (+ rear subframe)... Well, winter soon here and lots of evenings & weekends for tinkering... *sigh* :twisted:

CSL

Post by CSL » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:29 pm

Waynus wrote:
It's such a bitch to disconnect it.