Arrow Racing Collectors

CSL

Re: Arrow Racing Collectors

Post by CSL » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:53 pm

Nothing changes as it is the same exit after the Cat with the Arro headers (without the Cat), so I presume you can still fit the CF protectors. My original CF protector still fits.

Bought it from Italy on Ebay from this seller: http://www.ebay.it/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... TQ:IT:1123

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:44 pm

Lovely, thanks.

Ordered.

Is expensive being on this forum....

CSL

Post by CSL » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:18 pm

When you buy a bike and pay for it fully, Its like putting down the first down payment, with many more to follow...

dezzie

Post by dezzie » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:03 pm

i bought my bike in full cash payment with a good deal savin me 800 quid, so i justify my spending on my exhaust as really buying my bike for book price and not really losing anything, although the spending has begun and no doubt al be spending a few quid more, sooner than later if companys would pull there finger out and produce more stuff for the bike right now! :x
Dezzie

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:06 pm

Wise words.

Sage advice.

As Robert Kilroy Silk once said; "as a(n) herb, Sage ~ had it's day? Have your say on 0845 90 80 70".

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:17 am

OEM torque setting for exhaust manifold bolts on BMW F800 cylinder head is 15nm.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:52 am

I'll post here and under Other thread 'fix/mod/tip of the day' (until merged).

I've ordered Arrow Collectors and had planned to simply cable-tie the exhaust valves when new pipe fitted as described in the 'how to'.

I know that you need to swap over the O2 sensor from old collector pipe into new.

Unless I'm getting confused (and using the method described in the other thread) when removing the OEM Collectors can I not simply leave the valves/cables etc attached and simply disconnect the wiring and seal with silicone as suggested (rather than to have to unscrew the valves/cables and hide away?

Just seems neater to me and without it being any trouble to re-construct if OEM pipe needs to go back on for any reason? Just put the old pipe back on, remove sealant and plug back in?

I've not got the bike sitting in front of me so am going from memory, is this not more straight forward?

No slicing of wires or harnesses I take it?

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:40 pm

And can I add this, having fitted my Arrow collectors tonight.

Remember to use heat/anti-seize grease when re-assembling exhaust clamps etc.

Is worth buying 4 new exhaust manifold nuts, they're made of copper or similar and thus softer/more easily rounded by definition. They're £1 each and are OEM on many BMW's, obviously F800. Nothing worse than rounding-off manifold nuts.

I had a look at removing the valve cables completely and/or removing motor box ~ isn't worth the trouble and as CSL suggests, it is far more simple to cable tie the two cables together and simply tuck up inside the bike securing by means of cable tie. Best done when original collectors have been removed & before new ones fitted.

Arrow, top quality fit, very impressive ~ excellent quality and certainly nothing like a poor, after market item a I've seen on many occasions.

My O2 sensor offered no real resistance, none at all in fact. 22mm spanner with good long handle will do it.

I'll comment elsewhere re; what difference it makes.

nudandy

Post by nudandy » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:39 pm

My arrow system arrived last Thursday.

Prior to fitting mine I have a few questions.

CSL you mention that there are no manifold gaskets. Were there any on the stock headers when you removed them?

How east is it to align everything correctly?

Waynus

Post by Waynus » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:55 am

nudandy wrote: Were there any on the stock headers when you removed them?
Nope, no gaskets.
nudandy wrote: How east is it to align everything correctly?
Very.
I hereby swear to almighty Goddess Nuda that I will ride her as hard as I can and have all things needed to keep her running in peak form taking me to new heights everyday. Amen.