Dumb and dumber ride to the nuda meet (the long way)

Ironzie

Re: Dumb and dumber ride to the nuda meet (the long way)

Post by Ironzie » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:23 pm

We set of around 10am the next morning heading for north Wales ,signs for London passed and later I saw signs for north Wales ,Wales seems to have a quite a bad reputation for traffic police being very unfriendly to motorcyclists but you read all sorts of crap on the internet

I guess we just entered north Wales because there was a large sign with " vehicle inspection area" there was a lay-by on the left and gravel clearing on the right with a police waggon sitting there ,I wondered, what are they looking for, drugs, criminals? Then I remembered reading in MCN how on the weekends the welsh police file all the motorcyclists entering Wales into a lay-by and keep them hanging around checking exhausts and number plates

As we refuled at the next petrol station and elderly biker came over to me and said in his strong welsh accent" you moving house" I laughed and said we had just been round Europe ,he asked where and how many miles and when I told him he said well done son!

It was a beautiful sunny day and it seemed like some sort of holiday period as there were lots of people walking around ,I saw 8 police traffic cars in an hour ,in France Germany and Austria I saw a total of 5 police cars ,it seems there is an imbalance in Wales ,I remember growing up in northern Ireland when we had real problems and bombs would go off for real we had that sort of police presence but here.....

While driving through rural Wales to Holyhead ferry (with a police car following us) the scenery was fantastic ,I mean probably as good as we had seen anywhere ,I saw this beautiful river with kids playing on the slabs of rocks in the middle of it and I wanted a pic ,as i went to drive down the short road to the river and there was a" strictly no unauthorized vehicle's" I rode down anyway ,there was a small carpark at the bottom just big enough for 5police cars were they could all lick ice cream and get paid double time on sunday! Sorry that's how I was thinking. As I put my phone away I heard Dave follow me down but he drove on by and straight onto the walkway where the angry mums were I thought he hasn't noticed the sign, I drove out and left him to it

Wales is really beautiful but I could tell it's like Ireland ,very green and beautiful when the sun is shining

The ferry was 3 hours to Ireland and in a couple of hours we were home ,we really had a fantastic trip ok so the weather had been terrible for probably half of the trip but when the sun came out it was fantastic. I totally love everything about Germany but at times when riding through rural areas I wondered where the common man lives. Cars , infrastructure ,money and the people we met yeah Germans seem to have it all and I loved it

If I did it again I wouldn't change much ,I never cooked on my luggage rack but the water tank was perfect and a must for bush camping ,when camping there is so much to carry and I used it all except the shower bag which fell off a tree and burst and thankfully my tool bag ,I didn't adjust my chain once in 3500mls but I did oil it every 2-300 mls ,quality chain and sprockets on this bike

Dave should have an exhaust silencer fitted to his head! This man could wake the dead with his snoring , unbelievable ,I would have to put my earplugs in just so I could concentrate to update my blog and after an hour he would wake up and say ohh did I fall asleep! No Dave some bull was being strangled in your bed

We had a great trip Dave good on ya bro

Pics of beautiful wales
Attachments
20160602_125757_zpsjlqtlz3n.jpg
20160602_125757_zpsjlqtlz3n.jpg (184.05 KiB) Viewed 6316 times
20160602_125729_zps1hnh8c4d.jpg
20160602_125729_zps1hnh8c4d.jpg (217.35 KiB) Viewed 6316 times
20160602_115222_zpsiinelmev.jpg
20160602_115222_zpsiinelmev.jpg (217.69 KiB) Viewed 6316 times
20160602_115817_zpsfnpdprnz.jpg
20160602_115817_zpsfnpdprnz.jpg (286.61 KiB) Viewed 6316 times

Ironzie

Post by Ironzie » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:25 pm

Vielen Dank!

Elvis has left the building

Of course one more
Attachments
20160602_145255_zpsx4vaaiqi.jpg
20160602_145255_zpsx4vaaiqi.jpg (58.2 KiB) Viewed 6316 times

Leigh

Post by Leigh » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:59 pm

Absolutly superb blog from start to finish, congrats to you and Dave

clik

Post by clik » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:16 am

Got to be the best blog and updates of a Nuda trip
Your excellent photos and encounters made me feel part of your journey thanks ;)
well done to the two of you and glad you are nearly home with no real problems .

WELL DONE GUYS TRUE BIKERS
WELL DONE .gif
WELL DONE .gif (11.12 KiB) Viewed 6312 times

DerangedMouse

Post by DerangedMouse » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:53 am

Beautiful scenery and read, thank you for sharing!

spiney

Post by spiney » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:49 am

Excellent blog Aaron, I really enjoyed reading it. Thanks for taking the time to post it.

How did your arse fare on the Nuda for such long periods of time?

inky

Post by inky » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:11 pm

Nice one Ironzie.
I loved reading your posts.
it was like a good book that you can't put down once you start reading it.
I've even been getting up for work earlier so i had time to have a quick look at where you've been
and what you two were getting up to.
Photo's were great too.

Ironzie

Post by Ironzie » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:35 pm

Hey fellas really appreciate you saying you enjoyed the blog and to know people were following along is great, at times laying in damp cloths in a sleeping bag trying to remember and write what happened the day before with dogdy internet was a PITA but I'm glad now I could be bothered

Spiney I said it before and I'll say it again the seat on my nuda is the worst part of this bike ,very uncomfortable over long distances. my seat is kinda stepped like it's built up at the back for a pillion but this step pushes you forward onto the most narrow part and your parts get squashed on the rise at the front ,I think the R seat looks much more comfortable at least flatter .this bike is very well balanced for standing so I stood alot

Nudarabian

Post by Nudarabian » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:29 am

Absolutely loved your blog Ironzie and was gutted to read the last piece....wished the journey would continue. I had the exact same issue with the standard seat of the 900S and find my seat on the 900R (I have the two-tone flat seat not the comfort one) a lot more comfortable than the 900S was, due to the exact reason you stated. If you're ever on another journey and happen to pass South Wales then drop me a message and will be more than happy to accommodate you and your friends :)