Nuda's cousin?

Nudarabian

Nuda's cousin?

Post by Nudarabian » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:10 am

I fell in love with this as soon as I saw it. There is a video on youtube on (1000PS channel) of the bike at the Milan show. Personally, I think it's one of the best looking bikes (not better than the Nuda though!) I've ever seen :)
The attention to detail is unreal, the brake fluid piss pots gone, replaced with what I can only describe as tiny devil horns for the bike, and that exhaust in itself is a work of art.......I will be praying that the final bike looks excatly the same as this concept! :P

It has already been spied being road tested around KTM HQ. Reports say it uses KTM DUKE 690's single cylinder engine..... :evil: :( hope it doesnt sound like a tractor then, that engine sounds awful! But 73hp in a very light package like this can only mean fun!

On another note, I also love the KTM SuperDuke 1290 R SPECIAL EDITION colour scheme....white and that metallic sunset orange is a great combo me thinks :)
Attachments
exhaust.png
exhaust.png (246.88 KiB) Viewed 3054 times
701Vitpilen_6.jpg
701Vitpilen_6.jpg (122.81 KiB) Viewed 3057 times
701_vitpilen_cu_taillight.jpg
701_vitpilen_cu_taillight.jpg (192.14 KiB) Viewed 3057 times
701_vitpilen_cu_headlight.jpg
701_vitpilen_cu_headlight.jpg (282 KiB) Viewed 3057 times
701Vitpilen_3.jpg
701Vitpilen_3.jpg (96.63 KiB) Viewed 3057 times
701_vitpilen_34_front_right.jpg
701_vitpilen_34_front_right.jpg (357.88 KiB) Viewed 3057 times
vit1.png
vit1.png (728.87 KiB) Viewed 3057 times

durobra

Re: Nuda's cousin?

Post by durobra » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:55 am

Cousin?

Only by name via an arranged marriage! :D

I will eat my hat if the piss-pots don't re-appear when it is launched!
I can't see the air filter or exhaust remaining the same either, but they do look cool.

SharkFinn

Post by SharkFinn » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:21 pm

Yeah like I mentioned on the other forum - it does look very sexy but is still a KTM 690 underneath....Nuda´s like to snack on these! :P

Zorg

Post by Zorg » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:29 am

Brother from another mother! Looks nice.
Built by craftsman, Tuned by experts, Riden by lunatics! :D

CSL

Post by CSL » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:59 am

durobra wrote:Cousin?

Only by name via an arranged marriage! :D

I will eat my hat if the piss-pots don't re-appear when it is launched!
I can't see the air filter or exhaust remaining the same either, but they do look cool.
I will eat my hat if the production bike looks anything like this... I saw an artist drawing of the Nuda in a bike mag when it was rumoured, took the drawing to the BMW dealer and told him: If that thing comes out looking like that, call me. A year later he did and the rest is history.

Ironzie

Post by Ironzie » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:05 am

KTM690!.... Who said ktm690 noooooo stay away from me.......
I think after 9years of that engine eating cam bearing rockers they have redesigned the head,wonder if the cam chain tensioner doesn't fail anymore ,the water pump seals ,the regulator/rectifier ,fuel pump ,clutch slave ,fan buffing a hole in the £330 radiator ,hopefully the speedos are better quality as I needed a 3rd one in 9k mls ohhh and you just love it when the gearbox regularly select's neutrals between 4th-5th 5th-6th

It does look good all the same :)

Nudarabian

Post by Nudarabian » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:14 pm

Haha Durobra I agree, more like a forced marriage....dare I say!

Have similar thoughts with regards to the engine being from the KTM 690 and not surprised about your comments Ironzie having owned a duke myself previously. I also seriously doubt the final product will be anything like this beautiful concept. But imagine they keep it more or less the same and throw in the superduke engine in there! Ok I will snap out of it and wake up haha :D

Nudarabian

Post by Nudarabian » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:40 pm

CSL & Durobra...tell me which flavour hat would you like me to buy you so you can feast on? haha :D
To be perfectly honest I never expected the production model to look so similar to the concept bike unveiled a few days ago in Milan. Kudos to Husqvarna to sticking to as much of the design as they practically could. Even the exhaust managed to retain much of its resemblance!

I just WISH they stuck a parallel twin instead of a single cylinder :cry:

The Svartpile, scrambler version with the wider handle-bars, more my style, is still at concept stage but will also have the single cylinder engine such a shame.

Anyways at least they stuck to their guns unlike the KTM. The 790 looks far off the concept bike from last year :x
Will be interesting to see or read reviews on how it rides with that parallel twin.

CSL

Post by CSL » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:59 pm

I think it has to be half a hat, but will confirm after I see it in the flesh.

Nudarabian

Post by Nudarabian » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:13 am

CSL :D I agree it should be half a hat. Rumor has it (very far-fetched rumor) that you're what Peter Parker is to Spiderman, or Bruce Wayne is for Batman, Clarke Kent for Superman. So if you happen to catch the elusive RJ then it would be much appreciated if you could convince him to take some photos or have a video made of what his take is of the Vitpilen 701 and even Duke 790 when they're available ;)