Storing my Nuda

lmacdon

Storing my Nuda

Post by lmacdon » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:07 pm

[youtube][/youtube]

Hi fellas

I’ve been riding for many years and never have I had to store my bike (positives of living in Oz). However, I will move to Japan soon.

Any recommendations fellow Nuda riders?

I appreciate, I can quickly google a generic answer but I thought bike specific might be a “touch” better.

Thanks in advance
:D

Nudarabian

Re: Storing my Nuda

Post by Nudarabian » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:24 am

Hi Imacdon,

Unfortunately my Nuda is in storage for the entire year except for 2 weeks in the summer when I have the chance to go back to the UK and ride (moved to Dubai for work 3 years ago :cry: ).

My yearly routine and humble advice is as follows:-
1. Ride the hell out of her and try your best to have the fuel tank as empty as possible, leaving you enough fuel your local petrol station when you ride her next.
2. Wash your beloved Nuda with something like SDoc1000, dry her off and apply ACF-50 (anti-corrosion).
3. Invest in a Optimate battery charger and plug it in and keep it switched on (personally I don't find that it affects my electricity bill much, it tops up the battery as and when needed and automatically switches off). I have alarm and immobiliser system installed and turn the key all the way to keep that activated for extra security since its very safe in the UK! :roll:
3. Giver her a big kiss and hug and then Store her in a dry place, I used a bike cover and old blankets to make sure she's tucked in well. Tissue box is recommended there will be tears flowing if you're as emotionally attached as I am :lol: there is not a day that passes without me day dreaming of riding her.

I think that's all there is to it to be honest. Although I'm probably the least mechanically switched on member on this forum :oops:

I'm very jealous! I have just returned from a short holiday there and fell in love with the country and people. If Osaka city win hosting the Expo 2025 then I may very well try and get myself a job there (currently working for Expo 2020 in Dubai).

All the best with your move.

Waynus

Re: Storing my Nuda

Post by Waynus » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:57 pm

If possible, store the Nuda with it's wheels off the ground.
Empty the fuel tank and fill with premium (non-ethanol) fuel or even synthetic.
I hereby swear to almighty Goddess Nuda that I will ride her as hard as I can and have all things needed to keep her running in peak form taking me to new heights everyday. Amen.